Having some form of physical exercise daily aids improve your immune system, keeping your body in check, and manage your weight. A well-known way to keep fit is exercise bikes. Experts say that cycling can be a great cardiovascular exercise and with a lot of online fitness classes to choose from, it’s a fantastic way to feel group exercise without the need to head to the gym. Exercise bikes are widely becoming popular, as they’re easy to use, light, and can be folded for easy storage. Also, you can use cheap exercise bikes wherever and whenever regardless of the weather outside.
Nowadays, machines are even better, a lot of models feature built-in heart rate monitors, fitness programs, cooling fans, and many more. For those who prefer to ride, an exercise bike can provide a way to do it without the need of keeping an eye out for pedestrians or cards while you ride.
Learn the benefits of using exercise bikes
A systematic review found that indoor cycling can improve aerobic capacity and when combined with diet changes can aid enhance cholesterol levels, lessen blood pressure, and contribute to weight loss. When arm movement and handles are included, your upper body can get in on the workout. Below are some of the great benefits of exercise bikes to your fitness and health.
It lowers cholesterol and blood pressure
- Pedaling on an exercise bike can aid you to lower high blood pressure and unhealthy cholesterol levels. Lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure decreases the chance of heart attack and stroke.
It burns calories
- The calories you burn while riding mostly depend on how hard and how long you pedal. A tougher ride increases the number of calories you burn for hours after you’ve finished doing the workout. You can still burn calories while resting, this bonus calorie-burning benefit is based on how hard you bike.
- Cyclists are known to have amazing legs since when you’re pedaling away on a bike, your glutes, quads, and calves are hard at work moving the bike. Also, once you’re working that handlebar, you’re having your upper body a workout, too.
- If you want to shed some pounds, an exercise bike is a great and efficient way to burn calories. Riding an exercise bike for about 30 minutes at a time can burn between 200-300 calories depending on the weight of the user.
Ease on the joints
- Jogging, running, and many team classes and sports can be difficult on your joints since of the amount of impact involved.
Affordable exercise bikes:
- FlexiSpot Adjustable Exercise Workstation Bike Desk
- DeskCycle 2
- ProForm 325 CSX Recumbent Bike
- Xterra Fitness Folding- Exercise Bike
- YOSUDA Indoor Cycling Bike
- Sunny Health & Fitness Indoor Exercise Stationary Bike